2007-06-18

First Day

What a day....

Woke up at 4 am. It wasn't completely unexpected, since I still have a bit of jetlag, but I think every first day i arrive in a new country, my nose starts to run and my eyes start to water... so I got woken up because of my running nose mostly...

My actual day started at 9, took a tour around Shinagawa with my HR contact. Went to my apartment for this 2 months, registered my foreigner card and bank account. The most interesting... culture shock... would probably be that I had to re-write my bank application because my name wasn't completely the same with my foreigner registration... And that's because my registration card has all capitalized letters =.=

Got those done by 1pm, and then finally went to the office. Had an overview of the business. I finally knew that I am in the business strategy department, and my summer project is going to be dealing with some strategic planning for felica services. Looking forward to it, but I need to start practicing my Japanese and networking skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...