2007-06-17

Arriving in Japan

After 9 hour 30 minutes of plane ride, I am back in Japan

The ride wasn't that bad, except I got the aisle seat, right beside the food preparation room. Couldn't sleep for more than 30 minutes on the plane... ended up watching 3 movies:

Music and Lyrics 4/5: Good romantic comedy, Hugh Grant is always good in this kind of role; "Pop goes my heart" is catchy...

Ghost Rider 2/5: I have no idea what the plot is... the CG for the rider is pretty cool, but that's about it

Zodiac 3/5: Ok suspense movie. I heard it's from a real story. Has a pretty weak ending though

Got out of Narita and rode on the bus to Shinagawa Prince Hotel uneventfully. Took a while to confirm my reservation, and it turned out it's scheduled on July 17 =.=

Anyhow, got into my room, spent 1500 yen for a 3-prong-to-2-prong converter (damn!) and went out looking for dinner. Found this interesting place near JR Shinagawa Station:


It's a small plaza that has 7 raman shops. When I got there at 7pm, there were already lineups in some of the shops. I ended up eating at 熊本ラーメン「ひごもんず」.I like pork-bone based ramen, and it's really a good one, especially with fatty pork... yum...

So right now I am just fighting the jetlag... Tomorrow will be my first day of intern... yipee...

P.S. When I arrived in Narita, I saw a person holding up "Harvard Internship 2007." I would be very curious if someone can find out which internship is that...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...