2007-07-04

Market Research

For the first two weeks, I was mostly sitting in meetings and trying to read as much stuff about Felica as I can. Last week, a manager from US flew over to discuss about Sony's strategy in US. Since I am probably the person in the office with the most free time, and reasonable knowledge with US market, I was naturally assigned to do some market research on the potential market


It wasn't the first time for me to research a market, but it was the first time that it has meanings other than my raising GPA (which isn't that high). A couple observations:

1. K.I.S.S. method applies: I might have collected a lot of information and have a lot of my personal observation, but to condense them into 1 or 2 powerpoint slides are nearly impossible. The best thing is to stick to your task, fill in the numbers, and comment when necessary in the meeting.

2. California is a BIG market. If California is an independent country, it's GDP is equivalent to that of Canada. As an aside, I guess that's why most Americans don't know about anything outside of US, coz they don't have the need to.

The US manager flew back today. I still have a few slides to do, but it's pretty much done. On to the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...